ENRC is one of the leading diversified natural resources groups with integrated mining, processing, energy, logistical and marketing operations.
ENRC operates in Kazakhstan, China, Russia, Brazil and Africa (the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zambia, Mozambique and South Africa).
The Group’s strategy aims to bridge its current position as a diversified natural resources group largely based in Kazakhstan to its future opportunities as a more broadly based international mining group.
ENRC currently employs over 70,000 people, of which 65,000 are located in Kazakhstan.
- Six divisions supported by a central Sales & Marketing operation
- Over 70,000 employees, of which 65,000 are located in Kazakhstan
- Extensive capital expenditure programme
- Sizeable proven reserves of chromium, manganese, iron ore, bauxite and coal supplemented by extensive resources
- The world's largest producer of ferrochrome on a chrome content basis
- The largest iron ore mining and processing enterprise in Kazakhstan and one of the world's significant iron ore exporters by volume
- The world's ninth largest producer of traded alumina by volume
- Low-cost production model based on wholly-owned energy supply and logistics
- Significant contributor to Kazakhstan's GDP
- Ferroalloys. Produces and sells high-, medium-, and low-carbon ferrochrome, ferrosilicomanganese and ferrosilicon, as well as chrome and manganese concentrate.
- Iron Ore. Produces and sells iron ore concentrate and pellets to steel producers. Ancillary products include limestone, dolomite and construction gravel.
- Alumina and Aluminium. Produces and sells alumina to aluminium producers and also produces and sells the Group’s own aluminium.
- Energy. One of the largest electricity providers in Kazakhstan.
- Other Non-Ferrous. Mainly located in Africa, incorporates the copper and cobalt assets in the DRC, copper smelter in Zambia, and a number of exploration and development projects in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and South Africa.
- Logistics. Provides transportation and logistics services to the Group’s principal Kazakhstan operating divisions and to third parties.
- Sales and Marketing Operation. Provides ENRC’s operating divisions with a fully integrated and centrally organised sales and marketing function.